Stellar Salad for lunch today. Edible flowers are so succulent and gorgeous! I always buy my salad mix at the farmers market.
I LOVE Kiwi, and they are pretty awesome in smoothies. I finally bought a little mini blender which makes it so much easier to whip up smoothies in the morning. The best thing about smoothies is you can throw in what ever you want, here is my kiwi smoothie recipe. It's easy to make this recipe completely raw if you want, go to town!
2 C. Flax Milk (I like Good Karma unsweetened)
2 Dates (soak overnight if you have time)
2 TBLS. Cashews
1 TBLS.Shredded Coconut
1 TBLS. Coconut Oil
1TBLS. Chia Seeds
Blend all and drink!
Show your love and subscribe!
Honey Pistachio Nut Cookies Gluten Free Vegan Recipe
I had my friends try these yesterday and they were a total hit! The combination of honey and pistachios just might be the perfect thing. I have been on a bit of a nut frenzy this winter eating them by the handful out of jars in my cupboard. Pecans, macadamia, walnuts, and pistachios, I can't seem to get enough. So when I came across a recipe for nut cookies in Bon Appetite this month, I was like “I got to make a gluten free vegan version of these babies, and make them with pistachios!" These also have hazelnuts in them. I tried making these with a granulated sugar the first time but you really need the honey to hold these together. The biggest appeal for these come from the craving of fats this time of year and what healthier way to get fat but then from Nuts? So now it's time to “Bring On The Nuts!”
1/2c. Blanched and Roasted Hazelnuts (I tell you how below)
1/3c. Pistachio’s shelled (divided)
1/4c. Garbanzo Bean Flour
1/4c. Coconut Flour
1/4c. Tapioca Flour
½ tsp. Baking Soda
¼ tsp. Xanthum Gum
½ tsp. Sea Salt
½ Vanilla Bean Pod Scrapped
1/3.Distilled Coconut Oil Soft
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Roast and Blanch Your Hazelnuts: Toast nuts in oven for 10 min, remove and put in damp towel shake and rub till skin is removed
3) Roast Pistachios in oven for 10 min
4) In a food processor throw in ½ c. Hazel nuts and only 1/4c. Pistachios (set aside remaining pistachios to mix in later) blend for 2 min
5) Add Everything else and blend for 2 min, till mixed
6) Add extra pistachios and mix by hand
7) Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
8) Form quarter size balls of the dough and place on cookie sheet, flatten dough
9) Cook for 7 min, just till light brown, DON’T burn these like I did the first time!
Gluten Free cookies always tend to cook faster so keep an eye on them
They are ready to eat!
Makes about 18 Cookies
*As Always double the recipe if you want to make more
Whoa!!! Hinoki & The Bird: Holy Grail of Best Restaurants in Los Angeles. This little Tastemade video shows you why this hip little spot will absolutely be your new favorite restaurant. I highly recommend that you have them email you the Gluten Free and Vegan menu ahead of time, you are for surely in for a treat with this place!
Feel like you want to crawl out of your skin cause it’s so dry? It’s the middle of winter so the dryness is adding up at this point. Here are my full proof tips- don’t be afraid to try ALL of them!
1) Cocoa Butter- look coconut oil is awesome for the skin, but when you really need to rehydrate the skin to the max, cocoa butter is what you need. My favorite cocoa butter product is Dr. Woo’s Coco Love Oil. Oh man is this the best stuff on earth! Lavender Rose is my favorite smell. Get it here
2) Get A Humidifier- your heater is running a lot of time in the winter and drying out your air. Humidifiers are the best, and can be really affordable. I noticed the difference within two days of having mine. It also helps combat getting sick so easily and even helped my allergies. Best place to put it is in your bedroom. The one I love and own is Sunpentown Ultrasonic Humidifier with Fragrance Diffuser. You can get it on Amazon for about $37 Here
3) Lotion+ Socks for your feet- feet can get dry like really dry, and start cracking in the winter. and it’s true putting lotion on and then immediately putting on soft cotton socks and sleeping in them makes all the difference. I even notice the difference even after one night!
4) Hand Cream- I have tried so many hand creams and salves it is ridiculous, I often wash my hands about 15 times or more a day. I first choose Josie Maran Intensive Hand Cream in Vanilla Apricot, cause the smell was amazing, and guess what? It is the absolute best hand cream on the planet. It really works and makes my hands softer, and stays on. It's all natural and has Argan Oil in it. Buy it at Sephora or online
5) And in case you forgot DRINK MORE WATER, add lemon and get a electrolyte boost at the same time and when I say a lot of water I mean a lot about 100oz. a day, No joke, get to chugging that stuff down!