Chocolate Meringue Cookies
This is a classic recipe, naturally gluten free and dairy free. 5 simple ingredients, takes only 10 min to whip up
3 egg whites (room temp is best)
1/8 tsp. Cream Of Tartar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2/3c. Sucanat Sugar
1 TBLS. Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
1) Preheat Oven to 300 degrees
2) In a super clean stainless steel bowl put egg whites start beating and add cream of tartar and vanilla. After beating for 1 min start adding the sugar slowly, continue to add slowly till all sugar is added. The goal is soft peaks and batter will look glossy, (about 5 min) if need be add a 1/8 tsp. more cream of tartar.
3) Gently fold in cocoa powder by hand.
4) Drop batter softly onto parchment paper by the teaspoon.
5) Bake for 15-17 min, let cool before removing from parchment paper. Sprinkle some cocoa powder on top.
Makes 3 doz.