I Really Like Lemon Poppy Seed Cake And I Love Raspberry Sauce, So I Thought They Would Make A Great Combo. This Is More Like A Sponge Cake; It Is Light And Spongy With Fresh Lemon Zest And A Delicious Raspberry Sauce.
I Used An All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend That Was High In Rice Flour. I Suggest Using One That Is High In Rice Flour So That You Get The Right Consistency For This Recipe.
2c. All Purpose Gluten Free Flour (I happened to use Pamela’s Artisan Flour Blend)
3/4c. Coconut Sugar
3/4tsp. Sea Salt
1 TBLS. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Xanthum Gum
2 Flax Eggs (2 TBLS. Ground flax with 6 TBLS. Water let sit 3 min)*
1/2c. Coconut Oil Distilled Liquid
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1c. Good Karma Flax Milk
1TBLS. Poppy seeds
1TBLS. Meyer Lemon Zest
1/2c. Organic Raspberry Jam (buy a kind only sweetened with fruit juice)
1TBLS. Distilled Coconut Oil Liquid
3 TBLS. Good Karma Unsweetened Flax Milk (or other favorite non-dairy milk)
1) Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
2) Zest lemon
I use Meyer Lemon because I like the taste the best but normal lemon is fine too
3) In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthum gum, and sea salt
4) In a medium bowl whisk wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, and flax milk
5) Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients with whisk
6) Add lemon zest and poppy seeds and stir with spatula by hand
7) Spread into round 9 in cake pan, spread evenly batter will be pretty thick and won’t even itself out in the oven so do it now!
8) Bake for about 30 min, till toothpick comes out clean
9) Make raspberry sauce
In a medium sauce pan put jam, coconut oil, and almond milk, turn burner to low heat and whisk all ingredients till smooth. Turn off burner.
10) Flip cake over so bottom side is face up, for this cake it creates a lot flatter surface. Gently pour the raspberry sauce and spread over cake