Watch the Video Above to see how to Make this Recipe
Strawberry Pesto Gluten Free Vegan Recipe
That’s right STRAWBERRY PESTO!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds Yummy, well it is YUMMY! I had this idea because I make many kinds of pesto’s, but my favorites are hand chopped. I had a bunch of strawberries in my fridge and since I always put tomatoes in my hand chopped pesto I thought, strawberries are sort of like tomatoes, and maybe I’ll just give it a try. On my first bite I was hooked and dreaming of making more strawberry pesto. There are so many varieties of strawberries these days, I used to love growing the ever berry variety cause they literally give you fruit all summer long, not just the short 4 weeks long, like most of the other varieties. If you have ever had too many strawberries on hand, you would have wished you had this recipe.
Strawberry pesto has many great components and I know most people are used to one kind of pesto but I make many different kinds. In this version I use walnuts for the nut as it is the perfect complement to the strawberries.
I like to eat pesto on a variety of things here are a few ideas
-Gluten Free Pasta any variety
-Mung Bean Pasta
-Salad Greens (and drizzle a little extra oil)
Only 6 Ingredients In This One Can’t Beat That!
1/2c. Basil Leaves Packed
12 Medium Sized Chopped Strawberries
½ C. Walnuts Whole
1 Clove Garlic Minced*
2 TLBS. Olive Oil
1/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
1) Smash Walnuts: If You Have Ever Tried To Chopped Nuts You Know If Is The Most Tedious Task On The Planet So This Is What I Do, In A Plastic Baggy Put Nuts, Close Bag And With A Heavy Soup Ladle Spoon Take The Back Side And Whack At The Nuts, It Only Takes A Few Whacks And You Got Chopped Nuts!
2) Chop Basil
3) Mix All Ingredients Together For Pesto With Spoon
4) Take Your Pesto And Spoon Over Your Noodles
Serves About 2 People, As Always Just Double If You Wanna Make A Bigger Serving
KIDS AND GARLIC: *If you are a little sensitive to garlic try using only half a clove. Also you can omit the garlic all together and it will still be tasty. For kids I suggest maybe even substituting the garlic for a little garlic powder, you will have to reduce the amount of sea salt but play around with it a little bit. This is such a good kid food!
Vegetable Ribbon Pasta- If you want to make your whole meal raw, try the pesto over some vegetable ribbon pasta!
Raw Noodles Ingredients::
2 Large Summer Squash
1) With A Mandolin, Slice Your Summer Squash Into Long Ribbons, Place In Bowl And Drizzle With A Little Olive Oil
2) Take Your Pesto And Spoon Over Your Noodles
You might also like:
Find Gluten Free With Emily: