Vegan Gluten Free Banana French Toast Recipe
I have always liked French Toast and Banana Fresh Toast is my fav! If you haven't tried this vegan version you are in for a treat. I finally was inspired to do a French Toast recipe when some Bread SRSLY arrived in my mail box. Everyone has been raving about this bread so I had to give it a try. It is a vegan sourdough and very soft. I am constantly disappointed in the Gluten Free bread that I can buy at the store, all the brands have so much crap in them, including high fructose corn syrup- YUK! Bread SRSLY makes organic bread that you get mailed to your house, how great is that?!?!! I am over the moon that it is Organic!
But back to the French Toast, you can use any Gluten Free bread you like, and as with most things I really like to go for it and add toppings like coconut cream, fresh berries, and bananas, This French toast also tastes excellent topped with good ol' maple syrup too. And don't forget this is always a major hit camping!!
6-8 Slices of Gluten Free Bread ( I used GF Vegan Sourdough from Bread SRSLY*)
1 Ripe Banana
1/2c. Almond Milk (or other favorite non dairy milk, I use unsweetened but either works)
1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp, Cinnamon
1) In a bowl Mash Banana with fork and then add Almond Milk, Vanilla Extract and Cinnamon, mix together
2) Heat Pan to med, spray with non-stick cooking spray or coat with oil well
3) Take a Slice on bread and dip both sides into your banana batter and coat evenly
4) Cook in pan till side are starting to brown
5) Repeat with other slices
6) Toppings: I like fresh berries, bananas, and coconut cream
Bread SRSLY - order it here http://www.breadsrsly.com/
You might also like: