Gluten Free and Vegan Cinnamon Rolls with Coconut Cream Frosting Recipe
Oooh! Cinnamon Rolls, how lovely are these, no refined sugar! So yummy, and good in the morning or anytime really, only takes about an hour from start to finish. Eat them warm!!
1c. Hot Water
1 ½ TBLS. Honey
I Packet Of Yeast
1c. Garbanzo Bean Flour
1c. Arrowroot Powder
1c. Tapioca Flour
1/4c. Brown Rice Flour
2 ½ tsp. Xanthum Gum
1 tsp. Sea Salt
2 Flax Eggs (2TBLS. ground flax, mix with 6 TBLS. water let sit 3 min)
4 TBLS. Coconut Oil Melted
1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
4 TBLS. Coconut Oil
1 Can Coconut Milk Or Coconut Cream (only use the hard part of the coconut milk, let sit in fridge over night for best results)
½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 TBLS. Honey
½ tsp. Cinnamon
1. Mix hot water, yeast and honey together let sit 5 min (this activates the yeast)
2. In mixer combine flours, xanthum gum, sea salt, arrowroot powder
3. Add yeast mixture, flax eggs, apple cider vinegar, and coconut oil to flours, mix 2 min
4. Lay out plastic wrap on work surface. I usually use a big cutting board to work on. Generously flour the plastic wrap with brown rice flour, don’t be afraid to add a lot of flour.
5. Place batter onto plastic wrap. Flour the batter with brown rice flour, place another layer of plastic wrap over top.
6. Lightly roll out dough with a rolling pin until it’s about 1/4″ thick.
7. Remove the top layer of plastic wrap.
8. Spread your filling over the surface evenly, then roll up the long side to long side
9. Slice into 1″ buns. To slice the buns nice and easily is to use dental floss. Slide the floss under the rolled up dough and measure 1″, then by pulling each end in opposite directions, use the floss to slice through the dough cleanly.
10. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and let rise for 3o min in warm place.
11. Preheat oven to 400°F.
12. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden brown.
13. Mix frosting ingredients with a beater, and spread over rolls, some will melt into rolls, feel free to add more (only use the hard part of the coconut milk, let sit in fridge over night for best results, if using pure coconut cream, just use ½ can)
Makes 15 Rolls
Other Gluten Free Treats You Might Like: