VEGAN PEACH CRISP
Summer time is HERE! So that means lots of ripe peaches, and what better way to compliment them then to make a fruit crisp? First of all it’s super easy and super quick, so you actually might get to making it before you eat all the peaches alone! I always buy my summertime fruit at the farmers market. It’s the best way to insure freshness and tastiness; I even bought mine ripe the same morning I made this.
I have mentioned before that I don’t eat oats, which is why this recipe has Quinoa Flakes in it. Quinoa Flakes look and act much like oats; you can buy them in most health food stores near the oatmeal. Ancient Harvest is a brand that tends to make them.
I recently brought this Peach Crisp to a beach picnic I was having. After I pulled the crisp out of the oven I scooped it into mason jars for transporting, it naturally creates layers this way; it was the perfect way to bring this lovely treat to the beach. Food is for sharing always so I hope you get to making this one and spreading the peach joy.
8 Really Ripe Peaches
3/4 C. Coconut Sugar Divided (1/4c. For Peaches, 1/2c. For Crumble)
1/2 C. Quinoa Flakes
1/4c. Brown Rice Flour*
1/4c. Garbanzo Bean Flour*
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1/3c. Soft Distilled Coconut Oil
1) Heat Oven To 375 Degrees
2) Spray A 9x4 In. Pan (Or 9x9 Pie Dish)
3) Mix Peaches In A Bowl With 1/4c. Coconut Sugar
4) Mix All Other Ingredients Together For Topping, Except Coconut Oil
5) With A Fork Press The Coconut Oil Into Topping Mixture To Create A Crumbly Like Texture
5) Pour Peach Mixture Into Pan
6) Next Add Crumble Ingredients Evenly Over Peaches
7) Bake For About 25-30 Min, Till Crumble Is Browning
*Newbie Tip: You Can Also Use 1/2c. All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Instead Of The Other Flours If You Like
**Also no need to peel your peaches unless you want to, you really don't notice the taste of the skin