My favorite thing to make for dinner in the summer is stuffed vegetables and obviously peppers are epically nice for this. You can use pretty much anything that grows in the ground for this recipe. These peppers are packed with a whole lot of herbs and veggies like chives,tomato, thyme, and celery. There is nothing like the taste of fresh veggies that came from the farmers market or your own garden. These make the perfect summer dinner just add a side salad.
1 1/4c. Brown Basmati Rice (Dry)*
2 1/2c. Organic Vegetable Broth
¼ Cup Chives Chopped
8 Fresh Sprigs Thyme
1 TBLS Olive Oil
¼ tsp. Sea Salt
¼ Of Med Sized Red Onion Chopped
1 Celery Stalk Chopped
1 Medium Sized Tomato Chopped
3 Large Red Peppers Or Assorted Colors
1. Cook rice in rice cooker or pot adding 2 1/2c. of Vegetable Broth, until all water is absorbed.
2. Take peppers and gently cut off tops, and clean out seeds from inside, being careful not to tear sides.
3. In a bowl mix cooked rice, chives, thyme, olive oil, salt, onion, celery, and tomato
4. Spoon mixture into peppers till almost filled to the top
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min, or until peppers are soft
*You can use a smoked basmati rice for this recipe to give it a flavor boast. Buy smoked basmati at Middle Eastern stores, I like the brand Scheherazade